Courtesy of Town of Minden
MINDEN, Nev., November 25, 2014 — The Minden Christmas tradition begins this year with the popular Town of Minden Gazebo Lighting Festivities Friday December 5, 2014 and continues Saturday December 6, 2014 with the 19th Annual Parade of Lights.
Friday, December 5, 2014 activities include:
- 5:00 pm, live music including a performance by the Douglas High School Jazz Band
- Goodie bags for children
- Golden ticket raffle to help Santa LIGHT UP MINDEN
- 6:00 pm, Santa arrives to light up Minden Park with the help of the golden ticket winner and a few of his elves. After the lighting follow Santa to his house on Esmeralda Avenue where he will visit with the children. Free photo with Santa for each child.
- Gather round the fire-pits to stay warm and roast marshmallows.
- Free “Reindeer Games” with prizes.
- Scrumptious cookies from the Carson Valley Inn.
- Hot Cider and Coffee served by Valley Christian Fellowship
- Enjoy German food including Bratwurst, Polish Dogs, Hot Dogs, Sauerkraut, Pretzels, Hot Chocolate, and of course Gluwein (hot mulled wine).
Saturday, December 6, 2014 activities include:
- 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Christmas Marketplace in the CVIC Hall features vendor items such as photography, hand knitted items, handmade jewelry, pottery, candy, baked goods, lotions, and accessories. Enjoy German food including Bratwurst, Polish Dogs, Hot Dogs, Sauerkraut, Pretzels, Hot Chocolate, and of course Gluwein (hot mulled wine). The Christmas Marketplace is coordinated by Minden Fest Promoters, Roxanne Stangle and Howard & Kregg Herz. Contact Roxanne Stangle for vendor information (775-781-1736).
- Enjoy live music on Fourth Street and Esmeralda Avenue beginning at 4:00pm while you wait for the parade.
- 5:00 pm, 19th Annual Parade of Lights from Eddy Street to Minden Park
For additional information regarding parking and street closures contact the Town of Minden Administrative Office.
Special thanks go to our event contributors the Carson Valley Inn.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS