Fire Engulfs Home Near Pinenut Road In Gardnerville

Staff Reports

GARDNERVILLE, Nev., November 12, 2014 — Reports of a multi-alarm structure fire near Pinenut Road in the 1000 block of Helman Drive came in about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday in Gardnerville.

The structure was reportedly fully-engulfed when crews arrived on scene. Responders set up a defense line to prevent further spread of the fire.

Initial reports indicated the property’s Mother-in-Law quarters were a total loss.


The home’s only occupant escaped safely and no injuries were reported.

The Record-Courier reports the cause of the fire was a bag of popcorn catching fire inside of the home’s microwave. They have some more details about the fire beyond this link.

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s